Welcome to the website of Meadowfield School.
Meadowfield School is located in Sittingbourne and serves pupils with profound, severe and complex needs including autism. We currently have approximately 270 pupils and are comprised of the following:
- Lower School which includes our Observation and Assessment Nursery called Honey Bees
- Secondary Department
- 6th Form
- MIDAS Centre
We work hard to ensure all of our pupils make excellent progress. We are successful in this because we:
- Have high aspirations of every pupil
- Have a highly innovative and personalised curriculum which meets the needs of all pupils and provides pathways through to exciting destinations in further education and training
- Ensure our staff receive top quality training and development
- Work collaboratively with other schools and partners to share good practice
- Have engaged governors who regularly challenge and support the school
- Engage with parents/carers and act on their feedback
- Continually plan and adapt to meet the needs of our school community
- Work in strong partnership with KSENT (Kent Special Educational Needs Trust) schools to continually raise standards for all our pupils with complex special needs
Our MIDAS (Meadowfield Inclusion Development and Support) Centre is our highly regarded inclusion and outreach service which successfully supports over 60 schools and 70 settings across Swale, increasing capacity to meet the needs of pupils with additional needs. We also support the development of special education across Kent through our role as a Teaching School.
We continually seek to improve and recent new initiatives include: Forest School, sensory circuits, therapeutic singing, gong therapy, increased work experience opportunities, yoga for special needs, a range of pupil well-being programmes and greatly improved feedback opportunities for pupils.
Safeguarding our pupils is of paramount importance and parents/carers tell us through surveys that they believe their child is safe at school. In addition, three external reviewers have recently noted that our safeguarding practices are of the highest quality.
The staff of Meadowfield are highly skilled, dedicated, and enthusiastic and will welcome you for a visit should you wish to learn more about us.
We look forward to seeing you.
Jill M. Palmer, Principal