Welcome to Foxes Class
About our class:
We are a Key Stage 2, Explore class.
In our class we have 10 learners: 1 Teacher and 2 TA’s.
We follow the Explore Curriculum which is focused around the needs of each individual learner.
During Term 2, we will be learning our new topic Festivals.
We will be focusing on –
English – Writing about the different Festivals through poetry, letter writing, and our own stories linked to the different festivals using our handwriting skills and punctuation skills.
Maths – We are going to be focusing on place value, number formation, adding and subtracting, multiplication and division skills.
Science – We will be looking at different materials and how these mix together and what happens to them when they are mixed. We will also link these to our art lessons as well.
Art – We will be producing great festival displays that will use a variety of methods and skills to show our understanding of them.
PSHE – Emotions, How we are feeling, How to stay healthy, what exercises are good for us.
Here are a few pictures of our classroom.
Please read our Home Learning for more information on what we are learning and ways to support us.
Things to remember:
- Soft Play is now available and will take place in our soft play area and will take place in a Rota system to make it fair for everyone.
- Reading Diaries will go home every Friday please make a note in the book if you shared at home. Also make notes to the class teacher to inform them of any changes, but in other circumstances if we need to let a parent know what has been happing at school this may go home every day instead.
- Home reading books will be exchanged every Friday providing the previous book has been returned when this is available to take part. Please read at home at present time with the children to encourage their reading, until this becomes available again and use the online Myon app to support you with this.
- PE lessons are on a Tuesday. This is taking place outside in the playground on good weather days and inside the school hall on other days. (Please let the children wear there PE kits to school or send these in a named shoestring bag for us to keep in school.
- Forest School is on a Wednesday and these are non-uniform days. Please supply a waterproof coat for them to wear to keep them dry from the rain. Also when the weather starts to change please can you send a warm waterproof coat and wellies to keep the children warm and dry as much as possible.
- Music is on a Tuesday we are learning to use musical instruments to make rhythm to songs that we know and links to Me and my Family.
- Friday’s will continue to be non-uniform days for the foreseeable future.