News and Events
Term 1- Welcome!
Welcome to Honey Bees!
This term we will be learning 'All about ourselves and others'. Children will be introduced to naming body parts; identifying themselves and others; looking at emotions; and many other activities. As part of this, we would also like to include your child's family and pets, and any photographs of these would be greatly appreciated to help support your child's learning.
Some ideas to support your child's learning and development at home are:
* look at photographs of your child and family members and name them
* sing 'head, shoulders, knees and toes' and encourage your child to join in and point to their body parts
* draw houses together or make houses with different shapes
* pull 'emotion' faces and name them
* paint self-portraits using circular and 'dot' shapes
* ask your child to do different actions such as jumping, crawling, waving, etc.
* look at books that have family aspects such as 'Stick Man', 'Spot the Dog', 'Biff and Chip'
* look at non-fiction books about our bodies and people that look after us such as doctors and dentists
* bring in photographs of family members to share with the staff and peers
We look forward to meeting you!
The Honey Bees team