Dear Parents and Carers
What an unusual and challenging year it has been for all of us and for now, it is time to take a break and enjoy the summer holidays. I would like to wish all of our pupils and their families a fun, safe and healthy holiday. Thank you for working with us, despite the difficult circumstances surrounding the pandemic, to ensure our children continued to learn and feel secure and happy in school.
We look forward to new and exciting plans that we have in place for September which includes the opening of Ascend, our new college. I will be in contact again in the Autumn to tell you more about this new and developing provision as well as other plans that we are putting into place, ensuring we are never complacent but always striving to improve.
I would also like to take this opportunity to share our most recent OFSTED inspection report. The inspection was conducted on 12th May and focussed on safeguarding, leadership and our effectiveness in meeting individual pupil needs. You will see that the report reads very positively and the full report can be found here:
Highlights from the report include:
• Meadowfield is a school where pupils thrive
• Staff treat each pupil as an individual
• There is not one-size-fits-all approach
• Culture of care and attention
• Calm and purposeful environment
• The large school site is safe and secure
• Concerns are dealt with quickly
• Staff know how to raise concerns
• Leaders and staff have a detailed understanding of each pupil’s needs
• Pupils said that they are happy at Meadowfield
• Staff are expert in managing incidents of challenging behaviour
• Staff provide a high level of support and encouragement to one another
• One parent commented ‘for our family, Meadowfield is not just a great school, it is an extension of our family’
• Another parent said, ‘my child feels safe at Meadowfield and has a strong sense of belonging’
• Complaints are handled appropriately and in accordance with school policy
Thank you once again for all of your support and we look forward to welcoming all the pupils back to school on 6th September.
With very best wishes
Jill M. Palmer, Principal