School Ethos & Values
Meadowfield School provides the best individual learning opportunities for all our pupils and students, so that each one is able to maximise their development and thus progress to lead the fullest possible adult life.
Aims of Meadowfield School:
- To maintain a learning environment that provides equal opportunities for all, regardless of ability, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender.
- To enable learners to achieve their best, become confident individuals living fulfilling lives and make a successful transition into adulthood, whether into employment, further or higher education or training by providing an inclusive curriculum which is accessed via a range of differentiated teaching and learning approaches.
- To address physical access barriers to learning for individual pupils by use of appropriate technology and adaptive equipment.
- To ensure that any additional and different provision needs for individual learners are met through Individual Provision Plans and Personalised Learning Targets.
- To link whole school learner additional and different provision needs to school target setting and the School Improvement Plan.
- To meet learners personal, physical and social development needs and to encourage and positive contribution to the life of the school and wider community.
- To promote an environment in which learners are safe, happy, feel valued as individuals and learn to co-operate with others.
- To embed the Fundamental British Values into all aspects of school life so that pupils can contribute positively to life in modern Britain.
- To ensure all pupils are safeguarded against the risk of radicalisation and extremism
- To maximise opportunities for home/school/community liaison and to actively encourage parental and community involvement in the life and work of the school.
- To share advice, support and expertise with other schools, colleges and agencies through the Specialist Teaching and Learning Service.
- To provide members of staff with a comprehensive and supportive programme of Induction, Training, Appraisal and Continuing Professional Development opportunities.
- To build Self-Evaluation practices that raise standards in all aspects of school life and are quite clearly at the heart of all Monitoring, Evaluation and Review systems.
Fundamental British Values